Our mission to make enterprise higher is fueled by readers such as you. To get pleasure from limitless entry to our journalism, subscribe today.
If you happen to acquired an Apple machine for Christmas, you might have to attend a bit longer to get pleasure from it. Apple says its iCloud sign-in servers have been having issues since early Christmas morning, stopping some customers from activating new Apple Watch, iPhone, HomePod, and different gadgets.
The difficulty, in line with Apple’s services status page, started simply earlier than 5 a.m. on Christmas and continues to be impacting some customers. A tweet from Apple’s help workforce on Friday steered that the problem, which is ongoing as of Saturday afternoon, was associated to elevated vacation demand for the disrupted service.
Fortune has contacted Apple for remark and can replace this text with any extra data.
Christmas-related demand is perhaps notably excessive due to an unusually late-in-the-year launch of the iPhone 12 brought on by pandemic manufacturing delays, in line with AppleInsider, which first reported the activation drawback.
Dozens of customers on the MacRumors boards report difficulties activating gadgets. Lots of the points seem to contain activating gadgets utilizing Apple’s Family Sharing system, which gives parental controls. Some customers did report success after repeated makes an attempt.
Extra must-read tech coverage from Fortune:
- Intuit’s CEO on the $7.1 billion Credit Karma acquisition, reorienting towards A.I., and reskilling employees
- Commentary: The damaged enterprise mannequin of Uber and Lyft is taking a heavy toll on society
- WarnerMedia Studios chief on the controversial decision to release new movies on HBO Max
- Air Power A.I. take a look at raises concerns over killer robots
- Commentary: The web must change its business model if it needs to grow to be really international and multilingual